elcome to the FORA Economic Development Department. The Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA) is responsible for the redevelopment of the former Fort Ord Military Installation, a 45 square mile/28,000 acre facility, located on Monterey Bay near the Monterey Peninsula.
FORA implements this legislatively mandated mission by overseeing replacement land use; assuring compliance with adopted measures; removing physical barriers to reuse; financing and constructing major components of the required infrastructure and base wide demands; and protecting identified environmental reserves. FORA exercises it’s planning, financing, and monitoring responsibilities under state law authority to meet these objectives in the best interest of the Northern Monterey Bay Community.
We are here to help the FORA community realize the ideals of the 1997 Base Reuse Plan and welcome the opportunity to support active community engagement in the process. Contact Josh Metz, Economic Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-883-3672.
New Economic Development Website
The Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA) has produced a new Monterey Bay regional economic development web resource - OrdForward.org.
This new information hub provides quick access to many of the exciting developments happening in the region to enhance the quality of life for residents, visitors and businesses alike. Quick links are provided to new housing developments, educational institutions, and open space/recreation amenities central to the civilian reuse of the former Fort Ord. It also hosts a searchable Fort Ord Business Directory for those looking for local businesses and services, as well as a searchable database of all presentations and reports put out by the FORA Economic Development Team.
Over time, OrdForward.org will be enhanced with new dyanmic content including listings of land development opportunity sites, Fort Ord reuse relevant maps and data, and links to other valuable economic development information.
We invite you to visit the site, send us any comments/feedback/suggestions, and join our newsletter to stay up to date with the most current information.
2017 Jobs Survey
The Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA) is performing this annual jobs survey to measure economic recovery progress from the 1994 Fort Ord base closure. Annual reporting of jobs trends is a Base Reuse Plan requirement and survey data helps inform FORA Board policy aimed at supporting jobs growth.
We are seeking responses from all businesses located on the former Fort Ord within the jurisdictions of Seaside, Marina, Del Rey Oaks, Monterey or Monterey County.Survey results will be summarized and included in a publicly available report to the FORA Board.
The survey should take 5-7 minutes and asks questions regarding the number of employees at your location. If your business has multiple locations, please limit your responses relevant to the locations within the former Fort Ord area.
We invite you to participate and we appreciate your valuable time.
Coworking Space Market Feasibility Study
Download Full Report Here
Download PowerPoint Here
The Fort Ord Reuse Authority (FORA) and the Institute for Innovation and Economic Development (iiED) at California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB) completed a regional coworking space market feasibility report to better understand local market readiness to support investment in coworking facilities.
Results of this study suggest an unmet demand for new coworking spaces in the study area. Neighboring communities with similar demographics have a proliferation of coworking spaces, while the study area has few. Among other indicators, new community development as part of the civilian reuse of the former Fort Ord continues to gain momentum. Seventy percent of survey respondents in this study indicated a desire to use coworking facilities. These trends indicate an existing current demand and growing future demand for coworking spaces. Early market actors could take advantage of the current market and service provision imbalance.
presentations/ReportsFind All Reports Here
- FORA Economic Development Status Update - Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce - Government Affairs Committee, Del Rey Oaks, CA (March 27, 2017)
- FORA Progress Dashboard Update - Marina, CA (March 27, 2017)
- Economic Development Opportunities - Marina, CA (February 7, 2017)
- Coworking Site Visit Summary (January 19, 2017)
- Fort Ord Economic Recovery Status - Landwatch, Seaside, CA (January 12, 2017)
- Coworking Space Market Feasibility Study - Monterey New Tech Meetup - Seaside, CA (November 15, 2016)
- Economic Development Progress - Prevailing Wages Seminar & Training - Marina, CA (November 1, 2016)
- FORA Board - Economic Development Status Update - Marina, CA (October 14, 2016)
- FORA Economic Development Status Update, Economic Development Administration - Marina, CA (August 25, 2016)
- FORA Economic Development Status Update, Monterey County Department Heads - Marina, CA (June 6, 2016)
- FORA Economic Development Status Update, Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce - Economic Vitality Comittee - Monterey, CA (June 3, 2016)
- FORA Board - Economic Development Status Update - Marina, CA (April , 2016)
- Council of Women's Realtors, Monterey Peninsula - Monterey, CA (January 15, 2016)
- IEDC 2015 Annual Conference Insights - Anchorage AK (October 9, 2015)
- Monterey-Santa Cruz-San Benito Counties - Economic Overview (October 2, 2015)
- Monterey County - Economic Overview (October 2, 2015)
- Tri-County Educational Attainment - MBEP Workforce Development Committee (October 2, 2015)
- San Jose Exchange Meeting - Fort Ord Reuse: Progress & Opportunities (Sept 17, 2015)
- Coalition of Housing, Agriculture, Business, Labor & Education - Economic Development Update (Aug 19, 2015)
- Monterey County Association of Realtors - Economic Development Update (Aug 13, 2015)
- FORA Board - Economic Development 100-day Plan - Marina, CA (July 10, 2015)